2021 VCDL Lobby Day 2A rally, 1/18/21, 8am.
(12-11-2020, 03:14 AM)pens87pgh Wrote: Any update on this?  Is anyone looking to go at this point?

Sill on my "hoping to" list.
Here is the official caravan routes from the VCDL - https://vcdl.org/LD2021Routes/

To encourage PA2A/POOFA to attend and meet up as a group, I would suggest we meet in Winchester, VA on Sunday and spend the night. We can be up and ready to caravan from there to Staunton, VA to join the main caravan heading to Richmond.
Also probably think we should start cross-posting on POOFA to get interest and to try and coordinate carpooling from PA - thoughts on everything?
Sounds good, but I'd like to be a passenger with someone else for the event if possible. I'm willing to share fuel costs.

I have a room already reserved in Winchester for Sunday night and Monday night. There are 2 full beds and I've specified 2 adults in case someone wants to split the cost. It would be $30 per night.
I'd be willing to drive in the caravan assuming I can get 3 more to ride with me and help with gas (full size f150) - but i just picked up a dual flag mount hitch and have flags/poles ready for this event. gas won't be cheap, so if someone has a better option with a full 2" hitch mount, i'd happily be a rider and bring the flag hitch.
https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=368537
(12-17-2020, 02:07 AM)pens87pgh Wrote: I'd be willing to drive in the caravan assuming I can get 3 more to ride with me and help with gas (full size f150) - but i just picked up a dual flag mount hitch and have flags/poles ready for this event.  gas won't be cheap, so if someone has a better option with a full 2" hitch mount, i'd happily be a rider and bring the flag hitch.

I can't help with the hitch, but I am willing to put my car up for use as another potential option (4-door Grand Prix). I just can't be the only driver for the duration, because of a sleep disorder that I have.
I work that day but I am likely going to get someone to work for me. I did read that we could walk around down town armed and carrying signs provided we have a LCTF and obey all laws use crosswalks, don’t block traffic etc. The way it was explained to me is that if we’re just there as citizens and not there in the area if a permitted event then we can’t be told not to have firearms. I don’t know about you guys but I’m not driving all the way to Richmond just to sight see from my car. Just remember this also, if something does pop off sitting in your car in a traffic jam is the worst place to be. In this case your car is known as “your tomb.”
(12-18-2020, 03:12 PM)calzonewdippingsauce Wrote: I work that day but I am likely going to get someone to work for me. I did read that we could walk around down town armed and carrying signs provided we have a LCTF and obey all laws use crosswalks, don’t block traffic etc. The way it was explained to me is that if we’re just there as citizens and not there in the area if a permitted event then we can’t be told not to have firearms. I don’t know about you guys but I’m not driving all the way to Richmond just to sight see from my car. Just remember this also, if something does pop off sitting in your car in a traffic jam is the worst place to be. In this case your car is known as “your tomb.”

My understanding of the legalities, and my intent are identical to yours. That said, as a hopeful "passenger", I would defer to the driver/others in the same vehicle as me, as finding a parking spot could be a challenge.
I'm going to have to shift my current status to "maybe". Some work scheduling might get in the way and prevent me from attending. I'll keep yinz posted when I have more definitive info.

I did post on POOFA to help coordinate anyone wanting to carpool from SWPA, and so far haven't gotten any responses. So at this point, nothing to coordinate ;-)
It's with great regret I have to withdraw from this amazing event. Thing at work happening that I unfortunately cannot skip out on. Still happy to help coordinate anything (if it needs it) but no one has reached out about it.
Some of us are still planning on it...
(01-09-2021, 10:04 PM)howard stiffy Wrote: Some of us are still planning on it...

If you're looking to carpool, gnbrotz and calzone (both on this thread) are on the eastern side of PA and are going at this point.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/APC-...5-2413452/
[Image: image.php?u=33476&type=sigpic&dateline=1441745850]
So generally what happened to the Hburg rally last June, put that on steroids, and repeat for every gather the 2A community tries to put together.
It will never be any different. A local state Senator (Mastriano) organized a bus (busses?) for the 1/6 event in DC. NOW, he's urging everyone to not participate in events between now and the 20th.

This was my response:

Quote:I've gotta say: This smacks just a little bit of hypocrisy. For the last several years now, there always seem to be "credible threats" or warnings from high-profile individuals suggesting that we common folk should forgo plans to have our own turn to exercise our rights.
I am not naive. I am cautious. But if we are not willing to boldly (and alertly) continue to stand for what we believe in, what's the point?
On Monday, despite numerous and ongoing hurdles being thrown up by the local government, I will be in Richmond, VA, with thousands of others, letting my voice be heard. I will be armed. I expect thousands of others will be as well.
Some will call it a "protest", some a "demonstration", but it is merely another opportunity to exercise my rights, in spite of ever-mounting opposition, even from those who have sworn to uphold the Constitution and the rights it recognizes.
Will Senator Mastriano never go to DC again, just in case provocateurs would choose to act out on the same occasion? Would an admonishment from me change his course? Who is he to suggest what's best for me?
That too, is MY right.