Things we need.
Let's get a list of items we need.

1) Business cards.
2) Stickers (matching our patches.)
3) Nametags

All of these things we suggested by GNBrotz and I believe he has a name tag solution.

4) Portable PA system (I do have a bull horn, which seemed to work well for the impromptu rally.
5) Portable podium.
6) Pamphlets/flyers for PA2A.
7) Table banner.

What else?
[Image: image.php?u=33476&type=sigpic&dateline=1441745850]
Wouldn't be a bad idea to put PA2A.org on a flag or two if possible.
Incorporate it into the Yinz or Gadsden flag, the press seems to like photos of the Yinz.

Please leave some space on the business cards for us to add information as we go.
So we can write in personal contact information or a PA2A.org/legislative extension etc.
Bern-
I'm going to get a pack of the pin-on name tags and pre-print them (laser printer) with the PA2A logo and URL (Justin has seen and approved my idea). Then, we can just hand them out at events and rallies, with a couple of sharpies, and folks can use their real name or screen names as desired. My past experience is that many folks with keep and reuse them, often for years at a time, so we won't necessarily have to hand out a new badge for every body and every event.

To go along with the flag idea....I saw these simple PVC frames at the rally yesterday.

[Image: 102958979-262213825218927-9111731266001272102-n.jpg]
VCDL sells their infamous "Guns Save Lives" orange stickers for $25/1000 on their store. I'd love to see the same sticker with our own URL on it. Based on their contact list, I'm not sure who handles their merch, but I presume the store price is at least at their cost, which I think is a fantastic price. I'd love to know who produces it for them.

https://vcdl-gear.myshopify.com/products...cker-rolls

You may also want to note approximate costs and a general priority order as the wish list grows. I intend to order the first 100 name tags in about a week (waiting on a payday). 

Also, as far as business cards go, are you considering a "no name" version, for general promotion? If so, I'd be happy to buy my own box to hand out. It's definitely one of the easiest ways to spread the org name.

I get what Bern is saying about space to add info, but IMO, that's what the back is for. Also, if you go with any type of glossy finish, that may make it more difficult to write on them. Just something to keep in mind.
I've been using Vistaprint for years for cards. If someone comes up with the design I'll buy some for the group.
[Image: Screenshot-20200313-111621-Chrome.jpg]
(06-14-2020, 02:24 PM)gnbrotz Wrote: I get what Bern is saying about space to add info, but IMO, that's what the back is for. Also, if you go with any type of glossy finish, that may make it more difficult to write on them. Just something to keep in mind.

Yeah, that's right.
Some cards have print front and back, I am asking for space to be left open if both sides have print.
I agree with the gloss issue, the card needs to accept ink when written on.
Bern-
Posting for feedback. Sample 1 for general handout. Sample 2 for anyone that has a proper title.

[Image: sample1.jpg]
[Image: sample2.jpg]
(06-14-2020, 05:39 PM)gnbrotz Wrote: Posting for feedback. Sample 1 for general handout. Sample 2 for anyone that has a proper title.

[Image: sample1.jpg]
[Image: sample2.jpg]

This isn't really my department, I'm not good with graphics etc.
But in my opinion, we should be consistent with the webpage logo.

What Justin has at the upper left corner of the page is really good.
Pick a logo and standardize it, to make it easily recognizable with use.

I'm not saying there can't be variations with flags, patches, shirts, and whatever.
But the business card specifically should match the webpage logo.

Just my owe two.
I leave the decision to my betters.
Bern-
I actually agree. The logo I used was clean and easily taken from the FB page. The "crosshairs" version was not available in a clean, standalone version that I could find to grab.
I guess the main thing I'm wondering right now is how does PA2A want to function? Do we want to grow a huge following/member base that we communicate our plans to? Is it a smaller/tight-knit group that partners with other larger groups to organize collaborative events? Something else? I'm only asking as it pertains to passing out business cards, flyers, advertising, etc. I think figuring out the mission statement for PA2A first will be important before executing on stuff like that.

Or maybe I'm way out in left field and should grab another drink ;-)
(06-14-2020, 07:09 PM)pens87pgh Wrote: I guess the main thing I'm wondering right now is how does PA2A want to function?  Do we want to grow a huge following/member base that we communicate our plans to?  Is it a smaller/tight-knit group that partners with other larger groups to organize collaborative events?  Something else?  I'm only asking as it pertains to passing out business cards, flyers, advertising, etc.  I think figuring out the mission statement for PA2A first will be important before executing on stuff like that.

Justin more or less explained it here: https://pa2a.org/
We plan to expand but that's the foundation.
Bern-
I’d like to see shirts with the main site logo on the as well like the patch. I think those would sell well in general.

Just my .02
What kind of podium were you considering?   I've seen designs of folding podiums (would use lightweight wood) that I could build, unless you are thinking of one of those really light tubular models that you can attach a vinyl banner to the front.
What about email addresses? A lot of formal communication with other groups happens over email, would be cool if those of us organizing had @pa2a.org email addresses. @justin- you already own the domain, we just need to point MX records somewhere, like gmail.
(06-16-2020, 01:01 AM)pens87pgh Wrote: What about email addresses?  A lot of formal communication with other groups happens over email, would be cool if those of us organizing had @pa2a.org email addresses.  @justin- you already own the domain, we just need to point MX records somewhere, like gmail.

Once we build a large database of addresses and build funding, Constant Contact is $20/mo and great for mass mailings and contact management.

Probably not worth the expense yet though.
(06-14-2020, 07:09 PM)pens87pgh Wrote: I guess the main thing I'm wondering right now is how does PA2A want to function?  Do we want to grow a huge following/member base that we communicate our plans to?  Is it a smaller/tight-knit group that partners with other larger groups to organize collaborative events?  Something else?  I'm only asking as it pertains to passing out business cards, flyers, advertising, etc.  I think figuring out the mission statement for PA2A first will be important before executing on stuff like that.

I think about that a lot. On one hand, I do not have the time to run a full sized organization that needs day to day upkeep and maintenance. So I'm personally currently not interested in "exploding" into something with thousands of members and such. I hesitate at the though of having to even put some basic legal frameworks in place, because it begins to feel more "full time," but that may not be avoidable. Things such as LLC, 503c. 

So far, there has been little interest in a forum based organization, despite having a decent start at followership on facebook and such. I put out a few times that if people are really interested in getting into rallying, to come to the forums, but no one does. So far, most people just want to be told when/where to show up. Of course, along the way they want to bitch about how we're doing things as well.  Rolleyes

Right now I see us a smaller/tight knit group that partners with other organizations. I think we have the beginnings of a strong relationship with GOA-PA and the South Central PA Patriots to build from. I spoke briefly with Val and when he gets settled in Harrisburg, he wants to have a conversation to see where/how we can work together. That will involve Berncly because he works well with Val and he has a vision for the Harrisburg encampment that we can partner with GOA-PA with. When we speak with Val, we might have a better idea of where we're going. For instance, if Val intends on putting on rallies under the GOA-PA name, well, we might just be spinning our wheels here and perhaps just become an arm of GOA-PA. Nothing like that was mentioned, just something I was thinking about since Val did come to the rally as a representative of GOA and branded his piece as GOA. This is after I was told that GOA-proper told him not to do anything in the name of GOA. We really need to explore where GOA/GOA-PA stands on this. We simply cannot compete with a big established name like GOA, and I wouldn't want to, we should focus our efforts together. I would LOVE for GOA or NRA to start rallying like we do. Anyway, we have to have that initial conversation/meeting with Val and go from there. Below is what I sent Val just so yinz know. 

The mission statement is as said on the homepage. I'm open to revising it. But when it comes to how "big" do we get? I just don't know right now. Also..., if we happen to have a retiree that wants to do this full time, I'm certainly willing to turn it over LMFAO. Big Grin This will never be a full time gig for me.

"Val,

Thank you for coming to the Rally on Monday! It was a great day and I am so please to see GOA-PA willing to stand up when others told us to stand down. I'm also pleased to hear that you're moving to Harrisburg to establish a permanent presence in Harrisburg like how Mom's has. As I think you're aware, our mutual friend Bern has similar goals, formerly at PAFOA, but now at PA2A. 

The main goal of PA2A was to organize and drive attendant to rallies, similar to Pittsburgh, again in Richmond, and yesterday. I helped Justin Dillon and others put together the very successful Pittsburgh rally and partnered with groups such as the JPFAO and 3%rs. We helped organized a nice sized PA contingent to go to Richmond. For the rally on Monday, I worked with Mary and partnered with the 3%'rs again and asked Rick to come out. Our goals going forward are to have 3 scheduled rallies/ year. One in Pittsburgh, one in Philly, and support the Harrisburg rally if Daryl continues to have them. We are also going to prepare ourselves to support "pop up" rallies as necessary. For example, if someone in Reading reaches out to us to say they need a rally because the city is going to do something stupid, we want to be able to respond quickly to get bodies there. We did that for the PA hearings last fall. FOAC actually went out of their way to thanks us for helping get people there. 

We want to leave the professional lobbying to professional lobbyists such as GOA-PA. Yours and GOA's vision is more in line with ours, and we want to fully support your goals and GOA-PA, and form a partnership going forward. Because Bern has a similar vision for what you're setting up, I think he would be great to work with in our partnership. PA2A would help supply bodies to the "citizen lobby day" type things that you mentioned, and of course, we would drive bodies to rallies. I think our combined partnership can really help take 2A lobbying and rallying to another level in PA. Anyway, I just wanted run some thoughts by you and thank you for coming out and giving a great speech as always. I know this isn't the best medium for communication but it'll do for now. Please let me know what you think when you get time! Justin"

(06-14-2020, 10:59 PM)TheGreenMan Wrote: I’d like to see shirts with the main site logo on the as well like the patch. I think those would sell well in general.

Just my .02

I agree but we need cash. All in due time I suppose.

(06-16-2020, 01:01 AM)pens87pgh Wrote: What about email addresses?  A lot of formal communication with other groups happens over email, would be cool if those of us organizing had @pa2a.org email addresses.  @justin- you already own the domain, we just need to point MX records somewhere, like gmail.

The email addresses are a good idea and relatively easy to set up. I'll add it to the list of things to do, just don't expect it to be like, tomorrow..., Big Grin

Sorry I've been behind on replying. See responses above.
(06-14-2020, 05:59 PM)gnbrotz Wrote: I actually agree. The logo I used was clean and easily taken from the FB page. The "crosshairs" version was not available in a clean, standalone version that I could find to grab.

Send me your email address and I can forward you the logos that rocketfoot gave me.
(06-14-2020, 02:24 PM)gnbrotz Wrote: VCDL sells their infamous "Guns Save Lives" orange stickers for $25/1000 on their store. I'd love to see the same sticker with our own URL on it. Based on their contact list, I'm not sure who handles their merch, but I presume the store price is at least at their cost, which I think is a fantastic price. I'd love to know who produces it for them.

You may also want to note approximate costs and a general priority order as the wish list grows. I intend to order the first 100 name tags in about a week (waiting on a payday). 

Also, as far as business cards go, are you considering a "no name" version, for general promotion? If so, I'd be happy to buy my own box to hand out. It's definitely one of the easiest ways to spread the org name.

I get what Bern is saying about space to add info, but IMO, that's what the back is for. Also, if you go with any type of glossy finish, that may make it more difficult to write on them. Just something to keep in mind.

Speaking of the nametags, we have enough in the kitty to cover those now I think if you would like.
(06-14-2020, 02:24 PM)gnbrotz Wrote: VCDL sells their infamous "Guns Save Lives" orange stickers for $25/1000 on their store. I'd love to see the same sticker with our own URL on it. Based on their contact list, I'm not sure who handles their merch, but I presume the store price is at least at their cost, which I think is a fantastic price. I'd love to know who produces it for them.

HMMM. They have that "guns saves lives" on everything. I wonder if they're intending that to be a trademark? It doesn't hurt to ask if we can get the stickers produced with our org on it. All they can say is no. Just don't show them our t-shirts. Big Grin However, if we sell it as spreading the message, I bet they'd be OK with it.

Would you mind reaching out to them?
Everything you posted above sounds good Justin.
I think your plans are sensible.
Bern-