The Blog
Justin has given me some permissions to post to our official blog on the site here.  I made my first official post today on the rally.  Go check it out and give me some feedback on it.  I'm completely new to wordpress as a platform and haven't written anything besides forum posts for years, so let me know what you all think or ways to improve future content.
Please take this as positive criticism.

The first few sentences have missing punctuation, incorrect usage of "capital" vs "capitol" (the latter referring to the actual building, as you were), and stated the official phrasing was "rescheduled", when the actual language used in the press release was "postponed.". I haven't read any further yet.

I'm certainly not perfect, but I think I do a fair job expressing myself with the written word, and I use some tools to help me polish things. I would be happy to look over any future writings and offer feedback on the composition if you would like.
I agree, great start! It's nice to see teamwork to help make sure we're publishing technically and grammatically correct posts. Thanks to both of you for your willingness to give this a try.

I'm not convinced that blog will be very useful, so if over time, we decide it's not, I can make it go away. But we figured we might as well give it a whirl since it's there.
[Image: image.php?u=33476&type=sigpic&dateline=1441745850]
It could use a little polishing, but in its totality it is a good blog post.
Given that we still have low volume, it may make sense to post that content in the forum or other media instead of a blog.
Bern-
I think it's a great start. You never know what type of following we may get given our current political climate.
Link to the blog?  I'm not finding it anywhere.
(06-15-2020, 06:44 PM)alpacagun Wrote: Link to the blog?  I'm not finding it anywhere.
https://pa2a.org/blog/

Link is in the header on the main page.
(06-15-2020, 08:19 PM)gnbrotz Wrote:
(06-15-2020, 06:44 PM)alpacagun Wrote: Link to the blog?  I'm not finding it anywhere.
https://pa2a.org/blog/

Link is in the header on the main page.

Justin,
If possible, it would help to have links to all PA2A media on every webpage header.
Meaning no matter where you are in the PA2A universe, every other media is a click away.
It may seem redundant, but jumping between platforms is confusing to many.
Bern-
There's already a link back to the main page.
(06-17-2020, 09:55 AM)JustinHEMI Wrote: There's already a link back to the main page.

It would help if the link explicitly says it connects back to Facebook, Instagram, whatever.
I also don't see the link to Instagram on the main page?
It should be easy to navigate for non tech people.
Bern-
It is easy to navigate. Social media is all grouped together.

I apologize, but I'm not adding any more links to the forum.
Yea, it took me a while to find the blog too. The pa2a logo on the top of the page takes you back to the forum but the bottom one takes you to the main page. Nothing to indicate one does one or the other. Then when you finally get to the main page you still have to search for the blog. Is kind of cluttered IMO.
[Image: Screenshot-20200313-111621-Chrome.jpg]
So it clearly saying "blog" at the top of the page is confusing? I'm confused.

Also the logo at the top of the form goes back to the main page.

I think I know the confusion. Yinz seem to think the forum is the main page. It isn't. It's just a tab off the main page.
(06-18-2020, 10:04 AM)JustinHEMI Wrote: So it clearly saying "blog" at the top of the page is confusing? I'm confused.

Also the logo at the top of the form goes back to the main page.

I think I know the confusion. Yinz seem to think the forum is the main page. It isn't. It's just a tab off the main page.

No, from the forum the PA2A logo at the top of the page just takes you back to the main forum page (https://pa2a.org/forum/index.php). The same PA2A logo at the bottom of the forum page takes you to the main site (https://pa2a.org/). 

And as far as the blogs clickable link I found it in the drop down menu on the main site page. Just took a little looking around is all.
You're using mobile? Because the top logo goes to the main page on the non mobile version. I haven't had a chance to change mobile yet.

Drop downs are modem.
(06-18-2020, 10:20 AM)JustinHEMI Wrote: You're using mobile? Because the top logo goes to the main page on the non mobile version. I haven't had a chance to change mobile yet.

Drop downs are modem.
Yea I'm using my phone. When I switch to the desktop version of the site (which looks identical) the top logo goes to the main PA2A page instead of the forum main page.
Ok so the only thing left for me to fix is the top logo on mobile.

I'm sorry guys, this is a modern site. You're going to have to learn how to use it. I'm not demodernizing, not being modern is something I hate about poofa.

So, let me explain the point of the main page. Forums are a dead format, for most intents and purposes. This forum should not and will not be the main site to direct someone to. The main page is, which has a modern look and feel and a simple menu system that takes people to the key areas, facebook, the forum, store, blog. Yes, those of us actually active in planning and such use the forum, but it's just us. People aren't flooding from facebook to sign up on a forum. I want the first place people go to be a modern site like the main page, and although our forums are modern, I'm not going to clutter it up by linking all the same stuff that's on the main page, because I don't want the forums to become the default main page, for you all included.

If you want to read the blog, go to the main page, etc.
OK mobile logo will take you to the main page.
(06-18-2020, 10:37 AM)JustinHEMI Wrote: Ok so the only thing left for me to fix is the top logo on mobile.

I'm sorry guys, this is a modern site. You're going to have to learn how to use it. I'm not demodernizing, not being modern is something I hate about poofa.

So, let me explain the point of the main page. Forums are a dead format, for most intents and purposes. This forum should not and will not be the main site to direct someone to. The main page is, which has a modern look and feel and a simple menu system that takes people to the key areas, facebook, the forum, store, blog.  Yes, those of us actually active in planning and such use the forum, but it's just us. People aren't flooding from facebook to sign up on a forum. I want the first place people go to be a modern site like the main page, and although our forums are modern, I'm not going to clutter it up by linking all the same stuff that's on the main page, because I don't want the forums to become the default main page, for you all included.

If you want to read the blog, go to the main page, etc.

Following your logic on all of that.

Why put the social media links at the bottom of the main page separate from the other links at the top?
Because all I did was glance at the links across the top and didn't see Instagram or YouTube.
I assumed they were missing since I saw "Facebook Group" listed with the top links.

My impression is that scrolling down and examining a site is too much work for a lot of people these days.
So why separate the links above and below and cause confusion for the casual reader?

I also think your pimpin logo should be at the top instead of hidden at the bottom.
If that is our main logo it should be the first thing you see on the main page.

It would also help to use the colorized icons of Facebook et al on the forum page and elsewhere.
The greyed out versions on the forum are almost invisible, and today is the first time I noticed them.

I realize I don't resemble what could be characterized as "hip" or "modern".
But frankly, you need to dumb things down to the lowest common denominator to capture the widest audience.

If I couldn't find your Instagram link until just now, there is a problem.
And I mean a problem beyond my obvious ongoing problems in general.

Bern-
Sorry, at noted above, I'm not changing anything else at this point.