Needs, ideas, brainstorming.
Great ideas all and thanks for being willing to reach out to these people! I think the body of evidence shows we're serious.
[Image: image.php?u=33476&type=sigpic&dateline=1441745850]
(03-18-2020, 11:18 PM)TheGreenMan Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 11:16 PM)Lts1ow Wrote: That or training class offerings.

Isn't Geissele in PA?

They sure are along with Kahr who's son is big on the rallies even though he is pretty out there with the gun church he runs.
 Add Streamlight, Lanco Tactical, and JSDsupply off the top of my head.

Justin - unfortunately I don't have any GOA contacts.  Just saw the promo email which linked to this story.  Maybe once I finish paying off my lifetime membership I'll get some kind of inside track, but probably not.
The two organizations that cosponsored the last Ohio rally were selling their T-shirts and other stuff. They were raking in some serious cash.

If we can get this going and have a sizable group of regular attendees I'd very much be interested in responding to anti gun rallies as counter protesters. They seldom have large turn outs and we my be able to silence this part of their game. I follow a couple of their groups on FB just to see what they're up to. Hell, I'll infiltrate them further if need be.
(03-19-2020, 01:34 AM)pennlineman Wrote: The two organizations that cosponsored the last Ohio rally were selling their T-shirts and other stuff.  They were raking in some serious cash.

If we can get this going and have a sizable group of regular attendees I'd very much be interested in responding to anti gun rallies as counter protesters.  They seldom have large turn outs and we my be able to silence this part of their game.  I follow a couple of their groups on FB just to see what they're up to.  Hell, I'll infiltrate them further if need be.

Yeah unless we get some big donors/sponsors, I don't see how giving stuff out for free all the time is sustainable. I don't personally mind putting cash behind this to get it started, but shirts ain't cheap. Even those patches were nearly 1000 dollars.

Maybe at the June rally, we should have a table for where we're giving out the shirts/patches, and have a "donation jar". When people say "how much," we can say "free! but a 10 dollar donation would be appreciated!" Or something like that.

Your part about being able to response as a counter protest is definitely part of the vision! Whatever we can do to build a base of people that can/will respond when available. We all can't go to everything, so having a good size group to mobilize would be nice.
[Image: image.php?u=33476&type=sigpic&dateline=1441745850]
(03-19-2020, 03:11 AM)JustinHEMI Wrote:
(03-19-2020, 01:34 AM)pennlineman Wrote: The two organizations that cosponsored the last Ohio rally were selling their T-shirts and other stuff.  They were raking in some serious cash.

If we can get this going and have a sizable group of regular attendees I'd very much be interested in responding to anti gun rallies as counter protesters.  They seldom have large turn outs and we my be able to silence this part of their game.  I follow a couple of their groups on FB just to see what they're up to.  Hell, I'll infiltrate them further if need be.

Yeah unless we get some big donors/sponsors, I don't see how giving stuff out for free all the time is sustainable. I don't personally mind putting cash behind this to get it started, but shirts ain't cheap. Even those patches were nearly 1000 dollars.

Maybe at the June rally, we should have a table for where we're giving out the shirts/patches, and have a "donation jar". When people say "how much," we can say "free! but a 10 dollar donation would be appreciated!" Or something like that.

Your part about being able to response as a counter protest is definitely part of the vision! Whatever we can do to build a base of people that can/will respond when available. We all can't go to everything, so having a good size group to mobilize would be nice.
Donation jar is a good idea.  We do that at the summer group shoot and usually get enough to fund the porta potty rental and some food for everyone.  Generally people in our community are pretty generous.
What about doing some type of shoot meetup, or even a competition that would require some type of donation?  I'm sure most of us belong to a club that would be able to host such type of event.
(03-21-2020, 07:42 PM)pens87pgh Wrote: What about doing some type of shoot meetup, or even a competition that would require some type of donation?  I'm sure most of us belong to a club that would be able to host such type of event.
It's a cool idea, but as someone that has tried to get similar things going over at pafoa, it's not usually that simple most places.  There's usually insurance that is required that can be pretty costly.  Not saying it's impossible, but it would can be difficult to get a place to host something like that.
Yeah I'm not surprised to hear that, figured I'd throw it out there anyway.  

Along similar lines, maybe an established range might partner with us to help sponsor?  Like Keystone or Impax?